Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Illustration Friday


This is my new patchwork square for 'Poise', I found it very difficult to even think of anything to do, especially as I have constrictions as to the end result and the format, being sewing machine based and childrens' art.

I looked up the meaning of 'Poise' and there was a subsidiary definition ... "State of balance or equilibrium, equal balance of weight ~ Equipoise". I have seen a lot of these little birds around in my work at the markets, and I just love them, so they were perfect to add to my quilt... fat and small alike. So three small birds are equal in weight to one big fat one!






I loved doing this patch so much, I have done one for Rubys' clothing.

6 comments:

  1. I love your tree. It looks very poised to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Poise is rather difficult. You did good here though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it's it's pretty and it will look good in the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics of your designs, look forward to seeing your handbags at the market this weekend. Don't worry about home, it's still there waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete