Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The beginning!

12 years ago I graduated from Art School, fresh faced excited and full of hope. Passing with a 2:1 Hons I was so proud.

I never really used my art degree, although I really struggled to complete it, holding down 3 evening jobs and burning the candle at both ends. And 12 years later I still have a debt that I am paying off. I had jobs that having an art degree would have helped; photographers assistant, handbag designer, home wares buyer, but nothing a little bit of "C.V exaggeration" couldn't have got me.

After having my first child April 2008, the whole experience has has opened my eyes to life, it's meanings to me and frailty, so I have created this blog as a journey into re-awakening my passion for Art. Enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. This is so much like my own story it's not funny. I didn't graduate from art school through, I dropped out after 3 years and it was 13 years ago. I ended up becoming a teacher so I get to use some of my knowledge some of the time. I had my son in April 2007.
    Anyway, love what you have done so far. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete